Therapeutic Foster Care Overview
When children and adolescents are in need of a loving, supportive family to care for them, Coastal Harbor Treatment Center provides foster care placement. We strive to place each child with just the right nurturing, capable foster family to provide strong, educational support, psychological and emotional healing, healthcare, and lasting, healthy interpersonal relationships.
Our CHF Team recruits willing and able families and individuals to care for children and adolescents on a short-term basis throughout the state of Georgia. Our long-term goal is to find constructive and healthy ways to reunite these young people with their natural parents or prepare them for emancipation.
- Patients must be between ages 4 and 17.
- For adolescents and children in need of short-term care from a loving family or individual.
Program enrollment begins with an assessment with the intake counselor. Please see the Admissions page for more information.
Children are usually referred through the Department of Family and Children Services, Department of Juvenile Justice, and mental health facilities.
Our array of team specialists assigned to each child includes:
- Certified foster parents
- Coastal Harbor Community caseworkers (with bachelor’s and master’s degrees)
- Board-certified psychiatrists
- Board-certified pediatricians
- Licensed clinical psychologists
- Members of the child’s family of origin
All CHF foster parents must meet strict guidelines before joining our program, including:
- Extensive parenting training
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Thorough background checks